Higher Education Grant
THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION WINDOW OPENED ON OCTOBER 1 AND CLOSES ON DECEMBER 31.
Our Higher Education Grants are offered to students where there is a financial need. This grant is for students who wish to pursue higher education while experiencing hardship. This scholarship may only be used for a credentialed higher education program that has a focus in Literature, English and the Arts.
This grant must only be used for the higher education program the grant sponsors, and with the understanding and expectation that one will fulfill their education program and use what they’ve learned to create a better future for themselves and perhaps for others..
- A U.S. citizen and resident of either North or South Carolina.
- A junior or senior high school student with accepted college admittance forms and has a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0.
- A part-time student in either their first or second academic year working a minimum of 20 hours a week and attending classes a minimum of 20 hours a week – while maintaining a 3.0 GPA.
- A full-time student enrolled in an associate degree program, bachelor’s degree program, or combined undergraduate/graduate program – maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA.
Postgraduate students pursuing a master’s or doctorate degree from an accredited program.
Checklist to apply:
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW...
All fields are required.
- An essay is required in the “Individual Summary and Explanation of Yourself” field of the application that outlines the following:
- Explain why you should be awarded this grant.
- Explain what literature or the arts mean to you.
- Explain how this grant will allow you to achieve or continue to achieve your dreams.
- Explain how this grant will allow you to enrich the lives of others and/or serve others in your community.
- If you would like to share any of these additional documents; school transcripts of the most current semester, videos, pictures, any form of original composition (including, poetry, speeches, storytelling, letter, memories etc.), or letters of reference, please email [email protected].
- Maximum Grant Amount: $3,000 and nonrenewable. However, applicants are encouraged to reapply each year if they continue to meet the criteria listed above.