The Mackie Grant
THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION WINDOW OPENED ON OCTOBER 1 AND CLOSES ON DECEMBER 31.
The Mackie Grant is a special grant that will be given/used for children enrolled in a K-12 education program or an organization, school, church, or youth program needing funding for or having needs in English, literature, and all of the arts! This grant will be awarded to a child who shows extraordinary talent in English, Literature, or the Arts, a child who wishes to pursue an academic or an extracurricular opportunity with a focus in English, Literature, or the Arts, or programs which involved english, literature, or arts in need of project funding.
- A U.S. citizen and resident of either North or South Carolina.
- A student, teacher, or program coordinator of students enrolled in a K-12 program (not exceeding the age of 18).
Who Should Apply:
- A child who wants to play a musical instrument, take a dance class, or take an art class.
- A child who may want to attend a theater camp etc.
- A student who has been accepted into a program/camp/class or etc. inside or outside of school with a focus on English, Literature, and the Arts.
- A student who has the desire to learn, excel and achieve goals.
- A student who can dream!
- A teacher or program coordinator of students involved in English, Literature or the Arts.
Checklist to apply:
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW...
All fields are required.
- An essay is required in the “Individual Summary and Explanation of Yourself” field of the application that outlines the following:
- Explain why you should be awarded this grant.
- Explain what literature or the arts mean to you.
- Explain how this grant will allow you to achieve or continue to achieve your dreams.
- Explain how this grant will allow you to enrich the lives of others and/or serve others in your community.
- If you would like to share any of these additional documents; school transcripts of the most current semester, videos, pictures, any form of original composition (including, poetry, speeches, storytelling, letter, memories etc.), or letters of reference, please email [email protected].
- Maximum Grant Amount: $3,000 and nonrenewable. However, applicants are encouraged to reapply each year if they continue to meet the criteria listed above.